Removal of Contingencies

After extensive research with the people in City Hall, we figured that at worst we’d  end up having to run new sewer and water lines to the cottage, but that we weren’t going to be able to tell ahead of time whether this would be required (no one in the building department or public works was willing to give us a final answer in writing). Proper sewer hookups for the cottage were one of our explicit contingencies, but we decided that we weren’t going to let the deal fall apart for that reason so I just sent an e-mail to our agent informing her that we are willing to remove all of our contingencies and buy the property.

Of course, if we waited a while and the housing market got even worse, perhaps we’d get a better deal, but you can’t predict the future. So we’re going with what we’ve got.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *